HyperGrid @ VMworld: Tearfund’s IT Transformation Led to Almost $1.3 Million in Savings
Tearfund is a Christian charity that works to alleviate poverty across the world. Operating in Asia, Africa and South and Central America, Tearfund has reached over 29 million people through community development projects and a network of over 100,000 churches. They had an aging infrastructure which was becoming too costly in several ways:
- Significant resources required to power and cool, driving up energy costs
- Manual management required took IT away from innovation, driving up management costs
- Performance was slow, and it would take hours to run reports
The aging infrastructure was replaced with HyperCloud™ delivering seamless Infrastructure-as-a-Service. They were up and running in less than one day and the team was thrilled with the results.
“As a charity, we do not often get the opportunity to adopt truly world-leading technology, but HyperGrid has given us that opportunity. I have worked in the IT sector for 25 years, and this has been, by some distance, the easiest, smoothest project that I have ever managed. We have had fantastic support from HyperGrid throughout the process, from the reassurance and rigorous testing that we completed in the pre-sales period, to first-class support throughout the project. HyperGrid has met absolutely every requirement we set, and we couldn’t be happier with the solution.” Stuart Hall, Infrastructure Lead at Tearfund.
- $260,000 reduction in power and cooling bill
- $973,000 reduction in maintenance and management costs
- Reports complete in 20 minutes compared to 20 hours
For more information, read the case study here: http://pages.hypergrid.com/tearfund-us-version-case-study.
If you would like to learn how to save over $1 million in IT cost, please stop by booth #218 at VMworld.