SQL Server Consolidation and Upgrade
Traditionally SQL Server has been hosted on physical servers, but with changes to SQL Server licensing, the cost can be overwhelming. Database administrators (DBAs) have been concerned about performance and control with virtualizing SQL Server, and have therefore struggled with their options. Until now – HyperGrid all-flash HyperConverged infrastructure (HCI) allows virtualization of SQL Servers that meets the performance and control demands of DBAs!
HyperGrid HCI also enables faster deployment of new databases, more responsive client support, and the flexibility virtualization offers. The advanced performance, security and simplicity of HCI allows DBAs to consolidate and upgrade their SQL Server licenses, and facilitate the transition to the digital enterprise.
- SQL Server consolidation paid for this life sciences customer’s upgrade to HCI and saved $2.5 million without impacting performance at all
- Guarantee SQL Server performance by assigning top priority to critical SQL Server databases using advanced HyperGrid QoS per VM
- Scale on demand and as needed, be it performance or capacity as SQL Server environments frow with independent scaling
- Meet SQL Server SLAs by delivering performance all the time, every time, with all-flash architecture
“SQL Server Results: IBM Cognos SQL data cubes for business intelligence, which previously took up to four hours to build, are now down to 18 minutes. “After implementing the (HyperGrid) solution, we have spent less time managing and more time providing valuable business services. Our business intelligence group can now deliver updated information on a “follow-the-sun” model because it takes only minutes, not hours, for the application build. Now our business units have more current and accurate data to work from.”
– John Swanson, Global IT Infrastructure Manager, Altra Industrial Motion
HyperGrid HCI Benefits
- Rapid VDI Deployment – less than a day to be up and running (includes replacing outdated equipment with all-flash architecture that is up to 10X faster with 75% smaller footprint than traditional infrastructure)
- Pay-for-Usage Model – drastically lowers total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Quality of Service (QoS) Controls on Every VM – less important workloads can’t interfere with critical ones
- Inline Erasure Encoding – better than first-generation HCI, this protects data before it leaves the host, eliminating the need for replicas which require 50% more storage and system load
- Simple Administration – native Windows Server integration leverages existing skills and processes
- Built for a DevOps Model – Microsoft Cloud with Azure integration delivers a future proof solution
- Modular Scaling – grow as your organization grows by incrementally adding nodes (computer or storage) – up to 256 in a single grid.