HyperGrid Fortifies Hybrid Cloud Environments with New Cloud GovSec Offering
New HyperCloud Module Delivers Continuous, Automated, and Adaptive Insights for Enterprises
San Jose, Calif. – March 19, 2019 – HyperGrid, the market leader in Hybrid Cloud Management (HCM), today announced it is helping customers fortify hybrid cloud environments with the introduction of Cloud GovSec, a new module for HyperCloud, its Intelligent Cloud Management Platform. HyperCloud’s new Governance, Security and Compliance module allows users to Cloud. Smarter.™ by leveraging continuous, automated and adaptive insights to improve user and identity policy management in the cloud, provide robust cloud security and compliance, and enhance cloud risk management.
“As more organizations adopt public cloud to accelerate innovation, there is a critical need to embed governance, security and compliance into the DevOps process,” said Manoj Nair, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer at HyperGrid. “Today, however, traditional approaches treat governance, security and compliance as an after-thought with SecOps and IT acting as gatekeepers to resource access and usage. Our Cloud GovSec module for HyperCloud delivers the analytics and automation required to address the enormously complex matrix of cloud controls to secure resources, streamline user identities and privileges, simplify establishment of cloud guardrails and most importantly accelerate implementation of DevSecOps.”
According to Gartner Inc. analyst Jay Heiser, “multiple news stories have demonstrated that information can leak out of clouds. However, these examples demonstrate that it is almost always users, not the cloud provider, who fails to manage their controls to protect their data. Clouds are secure, but organizations are often not using them securely. Unfortunately, it can also be the case that exaggerated fear about the security of clouds can result in lost opportunity and inappropriate spending.”  The report goes on to state that “through 2022, at least 95 percent of cloud security failures will be the customer’s fault.”
HyperGrid’s next-generation cloud governance solution enables seamless operations and oversight of all cloud assets by providing monitoring, control and policies that do not require security and IT teams to have direct management control of developer portal access. Rather, the new Cloud GovSec module operates out of band so that enforcement is pervasive and continuous regardless of how resources are provisioned and managed by developers and other users. For customers early in their adoption of public cloud or looking to scale, the Cloud GovSec module solves the following key problems for enterprises:
- Governance Out of Band –IT teams can quickly create a consolidated view of cloud accounts (AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform) and implement policies to control budget and users level of access, services and cloud locations without encumbering developers.
- Continuous Security Monitoring, Assessment and Remediation – Highly scalable, policy-based approach to continuously monitor, assess and remediate security issues across multiple cloud accounts to minimize security breaches caused by accidental changes in cloud service policies and settings. In addition, Cloud GovSec’s risk-based scoring system helps customize and uniquely establish the organization’s risk & security posture for cloud audits.
- Single-click Compliance Assessment and Remediation – Customers can pick out-of-the-box compliance packs like HIPAA and PCI-DSS to quickly establish compliance posture for any account, or customize compliance checks with specific compliance policies to reflect individual organizational needs. Customers can then use simple dashboards to drill-down on every non-compliant resource and policy violation and remediate with a single click.
“While large enterprises often times can power through a digital transformation on their own, small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) often lack the available resources and in-house public cloud expertise needed for successful deployments,” said David Bondo, managing partner at LiftOff IT. “HyperCloud allows us to scale our cloud expertise and services to meet the needs of our SMB customers by providing a single platform for optimizing costs and services, while also ensuring we can quickly monitor, assess and remediate cloud security and compliance with customers’ unique internal and governmental policies.”
HyperCloud recently achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Management Tools Competency status for Cloud Governance and can be accessed from the AWS Marketplace, or as a standalone SaaS or Software offering. HyperGrid is also an Azure Solutions Partner and provides broad range of turnkey capabilities to assist Azure customers in provisioning and managing Azure workloads. HyperCloud enables Azure Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) to quickly offer capabilities to enterprises that are required to achieve Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Service Provider (MSP) status.
Click here for a free 30-day trial of HyperCloud.
- Learn more about HyperCloud Features & Modules
- Solutions Brief: Compliance Management with HyperCloud
- Solutions Brief: Governance with HyperCloud
HyperGrid is helping enterprises and service providers master the challenge of managing hybrid and multi-cloud environments as requirements and technologies increase in complexity. HyperGrid’s HyperCloud Intelligent Cloud Platform helps businesses Cloud Smarter by delivering end-to-end visibility, control, and automation. HyperCloud is powered by a predictive analytics engine with over 400 million benchmarked data points, enabling organizations to efficiently plan, migrate, optimize, manage, and scale their cloud operations. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., HyperGrid supports a diverse global customer base across industry segments including finance, insurance, healthcare, oil & gas, construction, retail, FED/SLED, and telco. For more information, please visit www.hypergrid.com.
Reports of security failures on the part of cloud-using organizations are prominent. Examples include:
- “Cloud Security Failure: Millions of Wrestling Fans’ Personal Data Exposed,” eSecurity Planet.
- “Massive Leak exposes Data on 123 Million US Households,”
- “Cloud Storage Error Exposes Over Two Million Dow Jones Customer Records,” Forbes