Gridstore Launches Technical Advisory Council
Leader in Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Purpose-Built for Microsoft Workloads Leverages Extensive Industry Expertise
Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, todayannounced the formation of their Gridstore Technical Advisory Council (G-TAC) comprised of industry leaders with deep expertise and experience in leading-edge hyper-converged technologies and Microsoft solution sets. G-TAC is chaired by Gridstore Founder and CTO Kelly Murphy and is comprised of industry experts with a combined legacy of decades of industry expertise. The mission of G-TAC is to research the myriad options for the hyper-converged market, evaluating current architectural trends and future potential technical developments to ensure the Gridstore product roadmap meets or exceeds end-user demands for the architecting of the most innovative Microsoft-focused systems available in the market.
The council is chartered to provide critical technical evaluation of industry trends and developments and provide advisory direction to ensure that on-going and future engineering initiatives are aligned. The council convened its initial meeting earlier this month at Gridstore corporate headquarters in Mountain View, California, ratifying their charter and setting their 2015 agenda. Subsequent meetings will be held on a bi-monthly basis with the locations to include attendance at key industry events and conferences.
Tweet this: @gridstore leverages industry leaders in #hyperconverged infrastructures and @microsoft expertise for technical advisory council
“Having the ability to help guide the development of leading-edge technology futures for the industry is a very exciting challenge,” said Rob McShinsky, Microsoft MVP and virtualization advisor. “This initial meeting was a powerful launch pad for developing the next generation initiatives. Working with a company as innovative as Gridstore, I can leverage my Microsoft virtualization expertise and help ensure they continue to be at the forefront of delivering cutting-edge systems to their customers.”
The Council’s founding members are:
- Dave Kawula, TriCon Elite Consulting
- Dave is the Managing Principal Consultant and a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. His background includes data communications networks within multi-server environments, and has led the architecture for virtualization, System Center, Exchange and Internet Gateways. Very active within the Microsoft technical and consulting teams, Dave has provided deep dive technical knowledge on various System Center and Operating System topics. Dave holds over 50 Microsoft certifications.
- Cristal Kawula, TriCon Elite Consulting
- Crystal is President of TriCon and the key driver of the TriCon Partner Network. Focusing on IT Consulting Services for the past 10 years, Cristal has seen the costs that organizations endure when visibility is hindered in the enterprise. Through intimate knowledge of TriCon’s Partner Network, she focuses on virtualization solutions, asset intelligence, and GreenIT initiatives to maximize savings in customers’ environments. During her career in the industry, she has worked with Microsoft’s SMSGR and GTR groups to create internal training materials, and certifies in Microsoft and Partner technologies to bridge the gap between the technical and business requirements of an organization
- Marcos Nogueira, Chief Technology Officer, Noga IT Consulting Inc.
- Marcos has more than 17 years’ experience in Datacenter Architectures. He is an expert in Private and Hybrid Cloud, with a focus on Virtualization, System Center and Microsoft Azure. He is a Microsoft MVP and he has more than eleven years as Microsoft Certified, with more than 100+ certifications. Marcos has worked in several industries, including Aerospace, Transportation, Energy, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Government, Health Care, Telecoms, IT Services, and Gas & Oil in different countries and continents.
- Rob McShinsky, Sr. System Engineer – Microsoft MVP (Virtual Machine) – Technology Writer & Presenter – Virtualization Advisor
- Robert (MCSE, MCP, MCTS) has been working in technology for over 16 years focusing on server management and systems architecture design and is currently employed as a Sr. Systems Engineer at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. He is also a regular contributor and member of the Server Virtualization Advisory Board at SearchServerVirtualization. Robert has been the development architect working closely with Microsoft as an early adopter and ongoing participant in TAP/RDP programs of Microsoft Hyper-V and System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM). This has included video and written case studies, acting as a customer reference, and speaking with industry analysts and vendors about Hyper-V and multiple System Center products.
- Mike Burke, Managing Partner, Virtual Dynamics (VDX)
- Mike is an industry recognized driver for the development of solution-based services leveraging virtualization technologies from many vendors. He possess a vast depth of knowledge around virtualization solutions from VMware, Microsoft and Citrix, as well as many complimentary ecosystem. As an industry-leading consultant, he has architected solutions designed to solve clients’ IT and business challenges, and helped train and mentor a wide array of consulting architects on technical and methodological execution for professional services engagements.
- Jaymes Davis, Director of Cloud and Virtualization Strategies, Entisys
- Jaymes has been involved with providing solutions and technical expertise in the computer industry since 1996 specializing in fringe technologies and advanced computer sciences. He is one of the industry’s top consultants with over 600 client projects ranging from global enterprise companies of 20,000+ employees to regionalized medium-sized businesses to small businesses with 5-25 employees. His white papers and articles have been published and recognized by the industries top virtualization leaders.
Quotes from Council Members
“Being part of GridStores Technology Advisory Council allows for myself as a Hyper-V MVP to provide deep insight and product direction to the Product Development teams at Gridstore,” said Dave Kawula, Founder TriCon Elite. “It is very exciting to be part of a group of industry experts helping guide the direction of next generation of innovative solutions focused on hyper-converged infrastructures.”
TriCon’s President, Cristal Kawula, added, “Taking our Microsoft experience from the field and building it into the product will truly make Gridstore a bullet proof solution.”
“This was a great beginning to be able to leverage my expertise in data center architectures on behalf of Gridstore,” said Marcos Nogueira, Chief Technology Officer, Noga IT Consulting Inc. “Being able to help guide them through the intricacies of technology developments for private and hybrid clouds, with a focus on virtualization, System Center and Microsoft Azure will be a most gratifying professional experience.”
Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storage in a single system, and Storage Nodes that provide external storage and work with any Windows servers and the HyperConverged Appliance, all driven by Gridstore’s patented software. Gridstore software architecture delivers native Windows integration, per-VM I/O control, and elastic and independent scaling of resources. Benefits include easy deployment, predictable and controllable high performance, scaling that fits your needs, and up to 50% lower TCO. Headquartered in Mountain View, CA. its products and services are available through a global network of value-added resellers. For more information, please visit: http://www.gridstore.com.
© 2014 Gridstore. All rights reserved. Gridstore, the Gridstore logo, AutoPilot, vmOptimized, Direct I/O, FlashGrid, Grid, GridControl, GridProtect, GridScale, GridSensor, HyperConverged Appliance, Server-side Virtual Controller Technology (SVCT), Thin-Provisioned vLUNS, TrueQoS, vController, vPool, and vStore are registered trademarks or pending trademarks of Gridstore in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information regarding products, services and offerings may be superseded by subsequent documents and are subject to change without notice. For the latest information and specifications regarding Gridstore and any of its offerings or services, please visit www.gridstore.com.
Douglas W. Gruehl