If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this GDPR Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Company will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
|Category of Data||Source of Data||Purpose of Processing||Grounds for Processing|
|Customer account data||Data subject||Provision of services to customers||Contractual necessity|
|Email marketing data||Data subject||Marketing to interested prospects||Consent, legitimate interest|
|Website visit data||ISP||Tailor communications to site visitors||Legitimate interest|
|Advertising data||3rd party ad networks||Tailor communications to relevant audience||Legitimate interest|
|Form data and chat data||Data subject||Provision of services, tailor communications||Consent, legitimate interest|
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you (as further outlined in the table above), or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services. Personal Data that is automatically collected when you use our Services includes:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
- Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
- Form submission data, which may include name and contact information
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services, as further outlined in the table above.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process some Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms and Conditions or other agreement with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- Legitimate Interest: We process some Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Ad networks
- Analytics service providers
- Business partners
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
- Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Last, we share Personal Data with our affiliates or other members of our corporate family. Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. After the period of providing Services to you has ended, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. For example, usage of SSL protocol for website visits.
Personal Data of Children:
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data:
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Company and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Company in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Company to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. pursuant to a data processing agreement incorporating standard data protection clauses promulgated by the EC, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
If you have any questions about this GDPR Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact us using the information provided below.
110 Baytech Drive
San Jose, CA 95134