As we countdown to this year’s VMworld we’re delving into the top five must-see HyperCloud™ — this week we’re thinking about #3 — enabling Unified Cloud Management with the cost visibility & analytics to control spending.
Many enterprises are facing a dissonance between their massive VMware deployments and their cloud efforts. VMware applications are often designed differently and are managed by traditional ITSM workflows, while platforms like AWS or Azure embrace a self-service approach.
Many organizations are looking to deploy their application workloads on multiple or hybrid clouds. As a result, organizations end up with separate teams and skill sets, different management tools, and different operating processes to manage multiple clouds.
Here are the drawbacks of managing multiple clouds using disparate tools.
- Fractured organizations. You need to appoint separate teams with varying skill sets, tools, and operating processes to manage multiple clouds.
- Lack of visibility. Use of multiple management tools impairs your ability to oversee utilization and policy enforcement.
- Rising costs. Infrastructure cannot be adequately monitored across clouds, leading to overspending.
By automating the provisioning, management, monitoring and cost metering of infrastructure across 15+ clouds, HyperCloud™ delivers a single console to manage resources, workloads, and operations across any cloud. As a result, organizations can gain holistic management while empowering your lines of business to use public clouds securely.
Here are the benefits of using a centralized cloud management platform for managing multiple clouds.
- IT efficiency. Supervise all workloads using a single interface.
- Holistic management. A centralized console enables you to manage resources, workloads, and operations across any cloud, ensuring secure use of public clouds.
- Lower CapEx and OpEx. Cohesive utilization and expense monitoring means you can see where to optimize for better cost efficiency.
Learn about HyperCloud’s automated self-service provisioning and cost metering on VMware vSphere as well as 18 other clouds delivering holistic, cost-effective management through a single, consolidated console.
In this demo, we will cover the following:
- Automated, self-service provisioning of VMs on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. All provisioning workflows initiated through the self-service library adhere to IT-defined governance controls, entitlements, approvals and quota policies – allowing IT to be in full control while providing agility and flexibility to application development teams.
- Cost metering reports providing cohesive utilization and expense monitoring to optimize for better cost efficiency.
- Application modeling and automated deployment for both virtualized and container-based application workloads on public clouds.
And you can learn even more about HyperCloud™ and how we enable transformation from virtualization at VMworld, August 27 – 31, 2017, at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, booth #218.
Please go to https://hypergrid.com/vmworld-2017/ for more information.
VP of Product at HyperGrid. Previously the co-founder & CEO of DCHQ, which is now HyperCloud™ Portal, the management console of HyperCloud™, providing integrated compute, storage, networking, application and container services in a full-stack offering that is delivered on premises and on a pay-as-you-go consumption model. The self-service library in HyperCloud enables self-provisioning of infrastructure, storage, network, container, and application services on HyperCloud™ as well as 15 other clouds and virtualization platforms – like VMware vSphere, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and others.
Prior to founding DCHQ, he was a senior product manager at VMware, where he managed strategic products in cloud management & automation for almost 3 years. He also assumed a product management role for 5 years at Oracle where he focused on application and middleware management capabilities. He holds a bachelors degree in computer science from MIT and an MBA degree from UCLA.
- 5 Must-See HyperCloud™ Demos at VMworld 2017: #5 A Full-Stack Enterprise Cloud as a Service on VMware vSphere with Pay-as-you-Use Economics - August 25, 2017
- 5 Must-See HyperCloud™ Demos at VMworld 2017: #4 Securing Network Communications for Apps & Virtual Infrastructure - August 24, 2017
- 5 Must-See HyperCloud™ Demos at VMworld 2017: #3 Enabling Unified Cloud Management - August 14, 2017