Delivers automated, self-service provisioning and mounting of high performance (SSD) block storage volumes for I/O intensive applications running on Linux or Windows, VMs or Containers. With a certified Docker Volume Plugin, deploying stateful applications on containers can be done in a single click while adhering to IT-defined entitlements, approvals, quotas, and quality of service (QoS) policies.
The high cost of manual storage provisioning
Provisioning, mounting and configuring storage manually can be a time-consuming task, with side effects that can lead to decreased efficiency and rising operational costs:
- Long waits. After a request is made, it typically takes days or even weeks for IT to attach, mount and configure block storage devices for new application deployments on bare-metal servers, VMs or Containers.
- Loss of Control. IT struggles to enforce quotas and automate approvals on the number and size of disks that certain teams or users can consume.
- Inability to Prioritize I/O. IT struggles to control storage QoS to prioritize I/O for mission critical applications.
- Lack of Usage & Cost Visibility. The lack of visibility into the cost or utilization of block storage across different business units often leads to overprovisioning and overspending.
- Manual Post-Provision Updates. Day-2 operations often become a bottleneck for IT teams struggling to scale out resources or back up block storage volumes.
Get all-flash performance with cloud-like pricing
HyperCloud Block Storage Service meets the diverse needs of enterprises by providing reliable block storage that delivers high performance, low latency and seamless scalability to run mission-critical applications such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SharePoint. HyperCloud also delivers database-as-a-service with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and Mongo, with built-in support for multi-host clustering, backup, replication, and automatic database recovery.
Here are the key benefits:
- High performance & fault tolerance. High performance storage that provides fault tolerance and high availability.
- Policy-based governance. HyperCloud governance framework enables role-based access controls, entitlements, approval, quota and cost metering policies to manage block storage usage across the enterprise with cost visibility that promotes better control over spending.
- Rapid block storage delivery. Self-provisioning of block storage for system administrators that deliver VMs and containers with dedicated, persistent storage volumes in minutes.
- Quality of service. HyperCloud provides quality of service levels to meet application-specific needs for storage performance.
- Inline erasure encoding. Data resiliency is delivered by protecting the data before it leaves the host and eliminates the need for replicas.
- Linear scaling and pricing. Performance scales linearly and adding capacity is simple. Customers pay only for what they use.
- Infrastructure and storage as code. HyperCloud allows users to create machine & volume blueprints as code controlled by user entitlements.